Help us reach our 500 plate minimum goal by October 31, 2014 to keep the Keep Kids Safe license plate alive so it can continue to support child abuse prevention in Oregon! Pass along the word to friends, family and colleagues.
We encourage Oregon citizens to purchase the license plate, which will generate a sustainable source of revenue for proven child abuse prevention efforts across Oregon’s 36 counties. The Children’s Trust Fund of Oregon will manage and allocate the funds from net proceeds of plate sales to every county for proven child abuse prevention programs.
- Renew your plates: You don’t have to wait until renewal time (see steps below).
- Post this message to Facebook.
- Forward this email: Include a personal message, and send it to EVERYONE you know. This is the easiest way for people to help a good cause.
- Respond: Tell us you’ve registered, take a picture of your new plates & post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram #MyCarMakesADifference.
- At a DMV OFFICE or CAR DEALERSHIPAT HOME – vial mail or online (Be sure to ask for this specialty plate-you may not see it on the wall, but it is an option!)
- AT HOME – vial mail or online
- Fill out the renewal/registration form-download application # 268 or go to this link: Renewal/Registration Form
- On your renewal reminder, check “GROUP” under #15 Plate Type and under “REMARKS,” write in, “KEEP KIDS SAFE” group plate (see example below)
- Include the applicable fees with your registration renewal payment.
- Mail your renewal reminder and payment to DMV: DMV Vehicle Mail, 1905 Lana Ave NE, Salem, OR 97314
For further questions, visit the DMV website or visit http://cms.oregon.gov/odot/dmv/pages/vehicle/platechange.aspx.
If you are buying a new car, you may purchase your Keep Kids Safe License Plate through the dealership. No matter how you get your Keep Kids Safe License Plate, your purchase will support Oregon’s children and families. Drive the message home.
Please contact DMV Customer Assistance to obtain information on the total fees you will need to include when mailing your application or when going into a field office – the surcharge is in addition to other vehicle registration and plate fees. DMV Customer Assistance: Salem, (503) 945-5000; Portland Area, (503) 299-9999; Bend, (541) 388-6322; Medford, (541) 776-6025; Roseburg, (541) 440-3395; Eugene/Springfield areas, (541) 686-7855; Statewide relay: 7-1-1, or call the local DMV field office.