Change Your Plate and Change a Child’s Life.
We must sell 500 plates by October 31, 2014 to keep this vital program alive! Your purchase of a Keep Kids Safe license plate directly contributes funds for proven child abuse prevention efforts throughout our state.
Will you help make a difference in a child’s life today? If so, here’s how….
Purchase the Keep Kids Safe Plate:
- Download the form.
- Calculate the fees.
- Drop-off your application and check, cash or money order at a DMV office. Here’s a: DMV Office Near You
- Or, drop your application, check or money order in the mail. To: DMV Vehicle Mail, 1905 Lana Avenue NE, Salem, OR 97314
- Buying a new car? Order the plates at the dealership.
Ask Others to Purchase Keep Kids Safe Plates, too:
- Share it: http://vimeo.com/106015921#t=5s
- Send an email: Include the information below with a personal message, and send it to EVERYONE you know. This is an easy way for people to help a good cause.
- Tweet about it: Tell us you’ve registered, take a picture of your new plates. #MyCarMakesADifference.
- Find Form 735-268: DMV Application for Renewal-Replacement of Plates
- Instructions to select Keep Kids Safe plate: On line 15, check “Plate Type: GROUP” then write-in “Keep Kids Safe Group Plate” under REMARKS, as shown in the example below.
- Find information to calculate fees: Changing to a Different License Plate
- For further questions, visit the DMV website or visit http://cms.oregon.gov/odot/dmv/pages/vehicle/platechange.aspx.
We know that everyday, children and families in our community face overwhelming challenges that can often lead to abuse. Working together, we can provide local, evidenced-based prevention programs that strengthen families and give Oregon kids a safe place to thrive.
Special thanks to Lithia Auto Stores for their partnership promoting the plate, and to KOIN 6 News for their support and coverage of the Keep Kids Safe plate. Check out their broadcast:
And our Keep Kids Safe promotional video: